April 28, 2018 9:00 am
Venue: DTLA Arts District Event Space
1329 East 3rd Street
Los Angeles 90033
Updated: March 6, 2018
Our annual signature event is here! Join us for a panel discussion, enjoy an open bar and luncheon as well as a showcase of the Association for Women in Architecture’s Foundation Scholarship winners.
For this year’s event, we will host a conversation among panelists whose work amplifies underrepresented voices, engages cross-disciplinary thinking, and design for social impact to discuss the recent resurgence of intersectional feminism and catalyze its potentials within the Los Angeles design community. The curated panel discussion will strive to identify intersectional methodologies for professional and creative work, set new ambitions for collaborative models of practice, and advance the implications of inclusion in our field. Our guest panelists, who represent a diversity of voices working in both academia and practice, have been invited to contribute their experiences and their work to this conversation on intersectional politics, which AWA+D believes has much to offer to the fields of architecture, planning and design.
· Sarah Lorenzen, Moderator – Partner at TOLO Architecture, Professor of Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona, Resident Director of Neutra VDL Studio & Residence
· Lori Brown – Co-founder Archite XX, Professor of Architecture at Syracuse University
· Gabrielle Bullock FAIA, NOMA, IIDA, LEED AP – Principal, Director of Global Diversity Perkins+Will
· Dr. Dana Cuff - Professor of Architecture at UCLA, Director of cityLAB
· Milton S.F. Curry – Dean and Professor, USC School of Architecture
· Irma Ramirez – Professor of Architecture at Cal Poly Pomona
· 9:00 – Registration begins
· 10am – Opening Remarks
· 10:15 – AWAF Awards
· 10:45am – Break
· 11:00am – Symposium Panel & Discussion
· 12:15pm – Luncheon Served
· Early Bird (Until March 28, 2018): $55 members/$80 non-members
· Regular (March 29-April 28, 2018): $75 members/$100 non-members
· Student (Valid Student ID Required): $40
· Corporate Sponsorship + Group Tickets available!
No refunds will be accepted
PARKING / TRANSPORTATION
There will be surrounding street parking, but carpooling, as always, is highly encouraged.
Public Transportation: Gold Line Stop is a 10-minute walk from venue.
THANK YOU TO OUR EVENT SPONSORS