November 26, 2013 7:00 pm
AZ Architecture Studio
1631 Stanford Street
Santa Monica 90404
Topic: The Future of Architecture/Future of Women in Architecture
Last fall we had a series of discussions regarding the Future of Architecture. Here are some of the topics we discussed:
1. Technology, representation and BIM with Changes in process and delivery, risks, consortiums
2. Loss of tactility in process and product, together with looking at Pritzker Prize and Venice Biennale
3. Pro bono work, unpaid internships with architecture as a civil right, ways of doing meaningful public work and ad-hoc interventions
4. Collaboration, virtual offices, with community input
We then engaged in a series of discussions about the status of women in the profession, and then how to thrive in the post-recession reality we find ourselves in.
We are now circling back around to the future of the profession, and perhaps we can combine some of the topics:
1. How do we position ourselves to engage our strengths while addressing needed markets?
2. What are the skills we need for future success?
3. How do look to the future as leaders in the profession?
Send your thoughts on related ideas for discussion.
Please RSVP by Monday, November 25 to Stephanie Reich. Look forward to seeing you there!
Refreshments provided- bring a beverage or small snack if you wish!