4th Annual CODAawards
May 31, 2016
CODAworx, the online hub for the commissioned art world, launched last month the 4th annual CODAawards. The CODAworx site connects artists and designers who create site-specific commissions with the companies and organizations who commission, and the CODAawards were made to recognize the most successful integration of art into interior, architectural, and public spaces. These awards honor the design and art professionals whose collective imaginations create those perfectly amazing spaces.
Entries are reviewed by each year’s jury of leaders in the design, architecture, and art worlds. The CODAworx jury evaluates each entry on two unique criteria across ten categories:
· The integration of commissioned artwork into site-specific projects, completed since January 2013.
· The strength of the collaborative process among commissioners, designers, and fabricators of the work.
All entrants will be:
· Receiving a FREE 1-year subscription to Interior Design
· Seen and juried by the world’s top art and design professionals. See the jury.
· Featured on the CODAworx “Entries” page starting the day they enter. And, the Top 100 are given the opportunity to win the People’s Choice award, where design professionals, enthusiasts, and friends vote for their favorite project.
Winners and their projects will be:
· Announced in Interior Design
· Showcased in a seven-month CODAworx exhibition at the Octagon Museum in Washington, DC.*
· Individually featured with a six-page spread in Abraxas Lifestylemagazine and through other key partners.
Enter your project here!
New to the CODAawards? Visit the FAQ and Rules to learn how to enter.
*New this year* CODAworx has partnered with The Architects Foundation, the philanthropic organization of the AIA, to create a 2016 CODAawards Winners Exhibition.
The exhibition will provides this year’s winners of the CODAawards unparalleled public recognition, taking the entire space of the Octagon Museum in Washington, DC, during its seven-month run from mid-March until late October 2017. CODAworx staff will work with winning teams to create a project showcase comprised of photographs, videos, drawings, maquettes, and text panels describing the work, processes, and goals for the projects.