AWA+D: Intersections and Shared Ideals Across Design Disciplines
April 14, 2012 10:00 am
Cost: members $48, non-members $60
Annenberg Community Beach House – Garden Terrace Room
415 Pacific Coast Highway
Santa Monica, CA 90402
Taking cues from the great artisans of our past, today’s thinkers are recognizing synergies when art and science, creativity and analysis intersect. Globalization and technology offer more opportunities for designers of different disciplines to conspire. Conventional boundaries in business models are being busted or bridged.
Join us for brunch at “LA’s Best New Venue” and insights from a lineup of design leaders that represent a cross section of multiple disciplines including; architectural science, environmental graphics, visual imagery, branding, civic art, a product fabrication studio, and story-telling through experience design in public installations.
This event is open to the public – all interested parties and the design community are welcome!
Registration available online until 3pm on Friday, April 13th
(All major credit card payments accepted)
Event ID #1067890
$48 AWA Member Rate
$95 AWA Membership + Event Ticket* (Special Offer)
*One-time opportunity to purchase an AWA membership, along with the event ticket, and receive the benefits of membership for the balance of AWA’s fiscal year (through Sept 30 2012).
Don’t forget! AIA members can self-report for continuing education credits.
10:00 am – 10:30 am Registration & Coffee
11:00 am – Brunch followed by Presentations
1:30 pm – Speaker Q&A, Dessert Reception
DIRECTIONS & PARKING:
The Annenberg Community Beach House is located on the beach at 415 Pacific Coast Highway, Santa Monica CA just north of the Santa Monica Pier. All day parking is available for $8 (self serve pay kiosks) in lots on both the north and south side of the Event House – Preferred spaces are reserved for fuel efficient vehicles and handicap parking. Car pooling is recommended – additional public parking lots are nearby. Walk along the strand from either parking lot to the Event House Garden Terrace Room – Annenberg
THE TALKS – Leaders in Design Disciplines
Our confirmed speakers thus far:
· Dr. Eve A Edelstein, Innovative Design Science – Thought leaders using neuro-science, anthropology and the latest technologies in research to measure how design features influence human response.
· Holly Hampton, Sussman-Prejza – Pioneers of environmental graphics, their focus is the development of distinctive and successful visual communications programs for the built environment. Sussman-Prejza shapes some of the most recognized visual communications programs of the contemporary urban landscape, creates arresting visual imagery, and designs highly imaginative applications for architectural and public spaces.
· Cliff Garten, Cliff Garten Studio – The Artist and studio that has created over 50 civic sculptures, working with architects, landscape architects, and engineers to realize art as a part of infrastructure that exceeds our needs and meets our desires.
· Jesus de Francisco, Mirada – The “story tellers” and multimedia production company behind one of the most significant installations created, IBM’s Centennial THINK exhibit, conveys how they designed the experience.
· Ilan Dei, Ilan Dei Studio – The cross discipline studio of experimental interior designers and craftsman who fabricate custom couture furnishings with lush minimal style.
· with Jenn Logan, Studio Fuse – AWA’s partner in developing our fresh new identity, to be unveiled at the event 4.14.12 – Studio Fuse designs “art for artists” and shares their creative process behind AWA’s new brand!
For media inquiries:
Haily Zaki, AWA Public Relations
Be an Event Sponsor!
For inquiries contact:
Pamela Leone, AWA President