LACSI Education Program
September 29, 2012
$75 non-members / $55 members
John A. Martin & Associates (JAMA)
950 S. Grand Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Los Angeles Chapter of the Construction Specifications Institute presents
CONSTRUCTION CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION SEMINAR
01 70 00 PROJECT CLOSE OUT | ARE WE DONE YET?
The project closeout process does not begin at the end of construction. It begins at the start of construction and runs throughout the course of construction. This seminar will help you understand the roles of the architect, the engineers, the contractor, the state agencies, and the owner during this important part of the construction process. Our roster of California building professionals will address all aspects of this critical process, including closeout procedures, closeout submittals, closeout inspections, substantial completion, final completion, and owner occupancy. Furthermore, they’ll look at some of the common pitfalls of the Project Closeout Process.
• Learn how Project Delivery Methods influence Project Closeout– Understand IPD Contracts [Overview] and Pitfalls.
• Understand how technology such as—REVIT, BIM, BIM Model ownership and turn-over change the way we work.
• Learn how to control factors that lead to difficult situations with Building Commissioning and Green Commissioning.
• Learn the “right” way of Substantial Completion, Punch Lists, Inspections, and Building Operations
• Understand what happens to the closeout documents: Record Drawings, Archiving, and Storage.
This event is supported by AWA+D and members can attend at the LACSI member price. See the event flyer for more information and to register.